Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 04, 2007

What's the deal?

I'm a bit confused recently with the USPostal Service. You see, every Saturday morning since June I have mailed off paperwork to my company in Dallas. I have always sent my paperwork First Class and have never had a problem. The company I work for has to receive my paperwork by Tuesday so they can bill for the therapy I did. My papework has always been received by Tuesday, sometimes even by Monday. Well, my paperwork hasn't arrived by Tuesday the last three weeks. It hasn't even arrived Wednesday or Thursday. It's arrived on Friday! Why oh why? Needless to say I was a bit confused and frustrated. So, yesterday morning I went up to our local post office to see if they could help me out. Unfortunately the ladies behind the counter had no answers for me. The interesting thing was that they both said they are receiving their paychecks 5-10 days later than usual and this has just started occurring over the last few weeks (and the paychecks are still mailed the same date they always are). So, I now have to pay $4.05 to mail off my paperwork (which used to cost me $.87). That's $165.36 more each year I have to pay!

Anyone else having issues like this?

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love meeting new blog friends! I'm surprised when anyone actually reads my boring life. I sometimes feel like I'm turning into one of "those" moms who all she talks about is her child-because that's all I have been blogging about these days...she keeps me quite busy and entertained so there's not much else as exciting as of now.
About the mail service-I haven't experienced that firsthand but do know that I have 2 packages that have been sitting at my house waiting for me to mail them for the longest time....so maybe now I have an excuse for why they will be there so late rather than my own forgetfulness.

Joni said...

Shelly, that's no fun at all! Crazy USPS! You remember the trauma my mom had with her shipment of embroidery that was weeks late... I don't think I've personally had much trouble with the Postal Service, but I don't mail much either. Here at work they have been delivering the mail later and later. When I first started over a year ago, the mail would arrive between 10 & 11 am. Now it gets here between 2 & 3 pm, no real explanation about why it's later. They're just having a hard time keeping up, I guess!

Shelly said...

Kimberly-thanks for commenting! Your blog is not boring at all. It's great that you share about your motherhood journey! I'm sure I'll do the same thing one day when my husband and I start having children.
Joni-I hadn't heard about your mom's shipment. What happened??

Ryan said...

It's been crazy slow here at work also (we rely on things to get to people in a timely matter so they can write business. I've had to overnight a couple of items to people because they were taking so long to get there via regular mail.

I personally blame Al Gore.

Greatmoose said...

ZOMG! oh noes!!1 It's teh gloBal warmings!!1!one

I blame Chimpy McBushHitlerBurtonCo

Exclesior!

JTapp said...

I saw an article in a newspaper today written in Texas about how postal offices are taking down all of the clocks in their offices so that people standing in line won't know what time it is...
They're afraid people will get angry if they realize how long they've been standing in line.

But, research shows that people think they've been standing in line longer than they actually have, so it will probably have the reverse effect and make people more angry.

So, a government bureaucracy with another bright idea. No surprises that it runs so inefficiently these days.